HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (HLTA)
Required 31st October (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Scale F: £11.69 – £12.91 per hour
Term time + 1 week (permanent contract)
30 hours per week (This is the hours of the school day plus an additional half an hour a day for
planning and preparation for lessons covered)
We are looking for a highly creative and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our
school team. You should enjoy the variety of covering whole classes across the full primary age range
as the role may involve providing cover in any year group but will initially be based in Key Stage 2.
You will also be required to contribute to a wider range of teaching and learning activities and to
support the all-round development of individuals and small groups.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
– Meets the professional standards for HLTAs
– Genuinely enjoys working with children
– Inspires a love of learning
– Is flexible in approach and able to adapt to the needs of individual children
– Has a positive approach to supporting pupils’ behaviour
– Is keen to play an active role in the school
– Treats everyone with care and respect
– Has a sense of fun!
– A qualification in teaching PE (either NPETCS or QTS) OR a strength in another specialist
subject is desirable but not essential.
In return we can offer you:
Delightful children, all with huge potential
Supportive, forward-looking staff team
A new school building, large classrooms, extensive grounds
A strongly-founded, Christian ethos and a school that strongly believes in the wellbeing and
care of its staff as well as children and community
Opportunities to help you develop your career.