Church of England VA Primary School
This section has been created to give parents of children joining the school in September 2020 an overview of transition events and how transition to primary school works.
An open afternoon will be held for new parents on Thursday 14th November 2019 at 1.45pm. On that day we give prospective parents an introduction to the school and a tour.
Applications are accepted by Norfolk County Council from 27th September 2019.
The closing date for applications (which can be done online) is 15th January 2020.
National Offer Day is April 16th 2020. On that day parents will be either emailed their child’s confirmed place in a school or it will be sent out by post.
See the below link for more details.
- Pre-Schooler Story Cafes are offered to children after notifications of places at the school from April to May. Dates will be arranged nearer the time.
- We will notify parents by letter that we are aware their child has been offered a place at our school in April or early May. We will ask for confirmation of whether parents intend to accept the place.
- We hold a ‘New Intake Information Evening’ for parents. This academic year it is on Wednesday 3rd June 2020 at 7pm. This meeting is for parents only.
- We usually visit pre-schools to discuss the children after half term, this is dependent on numbers joining us.
- Usually, we hold up to four transition sessions for children in late June, early July.
- Home visits are offered to aid transition to school.
- New starters are welcome to attend our Sports Morning on 19th June 2020 and take part in the pre-schoolers’ race.
- Parents, their children and families are invited to join us at our annual ‘Celebration Evening’. This gives parents and children the opportunity to show their extended family around their new school.
- Due to the excellent transition prior to the summer holidays, all children are offered a full time place at the school from the first day of the school year in September.
“Our love should not be only words and talk.
No, our love must be real.
We must show our love by the things we do.”
1 John 3:18